Mobile View is an IIS Web Application that enables users to view and acknowledge alarms in WIN-911 remotely with a web browser. It does this by communicating with the Mobile-911 Server, a server component that forwards alarm notifications to Mobile-911 devices from WIN-911. Users may also receive 411 Data Reports from SCADA/HMI packages that are compatible with WIN-911’s reporting features.
- WIN-911 v7.14 or higher.
- Mobile-911 Server v2.0.2 or higher.
- Internet Information Services 5.1 or higher.
- Compatible web browser. (Internet Explorer , Firefox, Chrome, and Safari)
In the event of an alarm, WIN-911 determines which Phone Book entry should receive an alarm notification for the event based on the Group definitions. If a Mobile View connection is configured, the alarm is forwarded to the Mobile-911 Server. The Mobile-911 Server then sends the alarm notification to designated users currently logged into a Mobile View session. If the designated Mobile View user is not logged in then the events are dropped. When a new session is initiated, all current alarms will be requested by the Mobile View session.
Reports are requested from the Mobile View session and returned via WIN-911 communicating with the Mobile-911 Server.
You must define Mobile View users in the WIN-911 Configurator as Mobile-911 connections before using Mobile View.
- Open the WIN-911 Configurator and select the Phone Book.
- Create new or edit an existing contact.
- Fill in required fields.
- Don’t forget that your Access Code needs to be unique for each Phone Book entry.
- Select New to define your Connection Entry.
- Select Mobile-911 from the Connection drop down list and enter your Device ID. Your Device ID is a case sensitive user defined alpha numeric string. You will need this later when you setup your Mobile-911 Server.
- Select a Duty Schedule.
- You can enter a number of retries. Keep in mind that if you enter a large delay for “Between Retries” that you’ll be delaying other notifications as well.
- You can change “Between same connection type” if you’d like to stagger your Mobile View notifications. i.e. You would like User A to receive an alarm and then wait 5 minutes before sending an alarm to User B.
- Hit OK three times to return to the main Configurator screen.
- You have successfully created a Mobile View user in WIN-911. You now need to assign your user to a Group in order to receive alarm notifications.
- Select Groups
- Create new or edit an existing Group.
- Select the Contact List tab.
- You are presented with two panes. On the left you see your available Phone Book Entries. On the right, Phone Book Entries that are assigned to this Group.
- Select your Mobile View entry on the left and click Add.
- You have now assigned your Mobile View user to a Group.
- You’ll need to repeat these steps for each Group you want your Mobile View user to receive alarms from.
- Select OK twice to return to the main Configurator screen.
- If you are not using the 411 Reporting feature, save your configuration and restart Scan and Alarm. Otherwise, continue on.
- Select Report Definitions.
- Create new or edit an existing Text Report.
- Enter a Text Report Number. This is a unique number tied to this report.
- Select your Default Short Descriptions preference.
- In the left pane are the available tags for 411 Reports. Highlight the desired tags and use the Add button to move them to the right pane, assigning them to your report.
- Click OK twice to return to the main Configurator screen.
- Save your configuration and restart Scan and Alarm for your settings to take effect.
The Server Settings Manager will allow you to create Mobile View accounts which are used to log in to the Mobile View web site. These accounts are not equivalent to the Mobile View connections you created in the WIN-911 Configurator. However, they are tied to those connections via Device IDs you previously created in the WIN-911 Setup. Device IDs are synonymous with Mobile-911 Codes.
- Open the Server Settings Manager and select the Mobile View tab.
- To add a new User, select Add
- Fill in the Name field. This will be used to log in to Mobile View and is not linked anywhere else. (not case sensitive)
- Fill in the Password field. This will be used with Name you created and is not linked anywhere else. (case sensitive with 6 character minimum)
- Fill in the Confirm Password field.
- Fill in the Mobile-911 Code field with the Device ID for the WIN-911 Phone Book entry you’d like to associate this account with. (case sensitive)
- Click Save
- You can continue to add users if you’d like. These changes take place immediately so there is no need to restart the Mobile-911 Server.
- You may Edit Users you’ve already created.
- Highlight the User you’d like to change and click Edit.
- Here you can change only the Mobile-911 Code/Device ID.
- Unlock User is not used.
- You can also change a User’s password by clicking the Reset Password button.
- You are able to preset 411 Reports for easier access and assign them alphanumeric names. These presets will appear in a drop down list once logged into Mobile View
- To configure a Report go to the Mobile View tab and then select the Manage Reports tab at the top.
- Click Add.
- Fill in the Report Name field with a user defined name.
- Fill in the Report Number with the Report Number you defined in the WIN-911 Setup.
- Click Save.
Mobile View is a Web Application hosted in IIS which you access via web browsers. It has been designed to be used as a remote Alarm Monitor view for WIN-911.
- You can access Mobile View from the shortcut included in the Start menu under Mobile-911 Server V2 called Mobile View Client. You may notice a delay when launching Mobile View for the first time or after a reboot of the host machine. IIS Web Applications are compiled when they’re accessed which is the cause of the delay. Subsequent load times will be much quicker.
- Once loaded you will be presented with a login screen.
- Enter the login you created in the Server Settings Manager.
- You will be presented with an Alarm Summary.
- To acknowledge an alarm, click the Ack button to the right of each alarm. You will then be prompted for your Acknowledgement code. Mobile View sends an Ack request to WIN-911 which will respond by changing the alarm status to Acked.
- Single click an alarm and you are presented with an Alarm Details view.
- To access Reports, click the Reports link.
- You’ll be presented with the Report view.
- To access predefined reports, select the drop down box and choose which report you’d like to view. A request will be sent to WIN-911 and the report is returned.
- You can also manually input a Report Number.