It’s time to upgrade your WIN-911 V7.
Patches, security updates, and Windows 7 support for WIN-911 V7.x have ended.
To stay compatible with our partner’s latest OS and SCADA software, WIN-911 has released version 2021, a top to bottom redesign of the user experience that makes everything you do easier, quicker, and more efficient, and with our updated V7 Importer, you can automatically transfer your V7 configuration data and settings to 2021 in a snap.
WIN-911 2021 includes major improvements to the technology stack, navigation, contacts, formatting, notification policies, scheduling, and subscriptions, resulting in faster installation, easier configuration, stable operation, and less maintenance over time. Other reasons to upgrade now include:
- Mobile 911’s “end-of-life” occurs on December 21, 2021.
- Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 in January 2020.
- WIN-911 V7.x is no longer patched or updated.
Excellent work revising the architecture and developing WIN-911 2021. My staff found it easy to set up and begin to utilize across 31 facilities. Nice going! It reduces tech support.”
Director of Engineering and Operations, SAMCO, INC.
Here’s a fast reference chart to the new capabilities you’ll get when you upgrade to WIN-911 2021:
|Direct Connects for Leading SCADAs (Aveva/Wonderware, GE Digital, Rockwell, Schneider Electric, OPC)|
|Unlimited Alarm/Filter Counts|
|Hot Backup & Redundancy|
|Remote Access UI1|
|Ethernet/IP Modems for SMS and Voice|
|Distributed Installation Support|
|Enhanced WIN-911 Workspace (WPF)2|
|Collapsible Sidebar Navigation Menu|
|Consolidated Contacts Directory|
|System resource usage reduced by up to 50%|
|Simple Format Editor|
|Operator Workspace Module (for HMIs)|
|Improved Backup & Restore Utility3|
|Shift Schedule Import/Export (using iCal)|
|One-Step V7 to 2021 Importer|
|1 yr Customer Care Subscription|
|ALARM NOTIFICATION FEATURES|
|Basic Call Out Lists|
|Advanced Notification Policies|
|Roles & Label Notification|
1. Remotely access the user interface across the network, beyond the local machine.
2. Smaller footprint, less system resources, streamlined workspaces.
3. This process is now automated using Windows Task Manager.
4. Two-way communications, chat, alarm summary, reporting
Use the following checklist to plan and implement your migration to WIN-911 2021:
- Take an inventory of the current systems in your operation running legacy WIN-911 V7 (Lite/Basic/Pro) versions as well as the Mobile 911 iOS/Android app. Locate your CD Tracking Number.
- Learn about WIN-911 2021 and WIN-911 Mobile. Use the feature matrix to compare the Standard, Interactive and Advanced products to decide which one is right for your organization.
- Review the systems requirements and latest hardware specifications supported.
- Find out if you have an active WIN-911 Customer Care Subscription formerly Software Maintenance and Support Plan. (If you do, you can migrate to the newest version of WIN-911 for free). If you do not have an active support plan, you will need to purchase one before upgrading by calling +1 (512) 326-1011 or emailing [email protected].
- Decide if you want to use in-house resources or engage a WIN-911 Partner to help you transition to WIN-911 2021 Standard-Interactive-Advanced.
- Check out our Webinars to get up to speed on the benefits and capabilities of the WIN-911 2021.
- Familiarize yourself with the steps to initially setting up WIN-911 2021. You can migrate alarm data from your old system automatically using the V7 Pro Import Utility Tool. We recommend backing up your V7 configuration prior to initiating the V7 Import Utility tool.
- Download the latest WIN-911 2021 software here: Download a 30-Day Free Trial, and following the software download instructions.
- Install the software by finding the setup file on your computer, launching it, and following the instructions.
- Once you have successfully configured the test system we recommend you run it in parallel to your legacy WIN-911 V7 production system to ensure your alarm notifications work as expected.
- Activate a new licensed version of WIN-911 2021 (during or after the 30-day trial expires) by the Licensing Instructions.
- Get all your staff up and running with the new software using our How-To Videos, Online Knowledgebase, and weekly webinar training tips.