Now is the time to upgrade to the new version of WIN-911.
On January 14, 2020, Microsoft ended support for Windows 7.
Similarly, WIN-911 has ended new feature updates and patches for all versions of WIN-911 V7 (Lite/Basic/Pro)
Although V7 will continue working on your Windows computer, we recommend migrating to our newer WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced software now to reduce the risk of operating system conflicts and security issues.
Thousands of organizations worldwide have taken advantage of the greater efficiencies offered by WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced since its initial release in 2017.
Use the following checklist to plan and implement your migration to WIN-911’s latest software.
- Take an inventory of the current systems in your operation running legacy WIN-911 V7 (Lite/Basic/Pro) versions as well as the Mobile 911 iOS/Android app. Locate your CD Tracking Number.
- Learn about WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced and WIN-911 Mobile. Use the feature matrix to compare the three WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced products to decide which one is right for your organization.
- Review the systems requirements and latest hardware specifications supported.
- Find out if you have an active WIN-911 Software Maintenance and Support Plan / WIN-911 Customer Care Subscription. (If you do, you can migrate to the newest version of WIN-911 for free). If you do not have an active support plan, you will need to purchase one before upgrading by calling +1 (512) 326-1011 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decide if you want to use in-house resources or engage a WIN-911 Partner to help you transition to WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced.
- Check out our How-To Videos to get up to speed on the benefits and capabilities of the WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced.
- Identify your SCADA type, and select the corresponding Installation Check List to understand how to configure WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced.
- Familiarize yourself with the steps to initially setting up WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced. You can migrate alarm data from your old system automatically using the V7 Pro Import Utility Tool. We recommend backing up your V7 configuration prior to initiating the V7 Import Utility tool.
- Download the new software by filling in the 30-day free trial form, clicking the SUBMIT button and following the software download instructions.
- Install the software by finding the setup file on your computer, launching it, and following the instructions.
- Once you have successfully configured the test system we recommend you run it in parallel to your legacy WIN-911 production system to ensure your alarm notifications work as expected.
- Activate a new licensed version of WIN-911 Standard-Interactive-Advanced (during or after the 30-day trial expires) by opening the software, clicking the help (?) icon (located at the top right of WIN-911’s menu), and following the steps on screen to verify your information. See the licensing Instructions.
- Get all your staff up and running with the new software using our How-To Videos, Online Knowledgebase, and weekly webinar training tips.