‘WIN-911 Mobile’ helps users respond and resolve industrial alarm conditions in real-time.
WIN-911 today announced the launch of its new mobile app for industrial alarm notifications. WIN-911 Mobile brings new time-saving tools to the latest generation of Android and iOS mobile devices. Highlights include:
- Encrypted Communications using outbound HTTPS and
- Chat gives users a way to converse, brainstorm, and share solutions in
- Team Viewer shows who has seen an alarm as well as who has acknowledged it.
- Push Notifications let users send alerts to a smartwatch, choose ringtones, and acknowledge alarms.
- Alarm Reports detail alarm states, changes, history, and comment threads.
Another key improvement of the new app is a simpler user interface and install process. Electrical and Automation Engineer Hennie Vorster, who was part of the app’s beta-testing group commented: “WIN-911 Mobile is easy to configure and displays alarms in no time. The best part is that I got the app working without our IT team. It makes things so much faster and easier.”
Steven Rivas, product manager in charge of WIN-911 Mobile added that many of the new features originate from user requests. “Almost all of our clients want a mobile app to work natively with their smartphones and tablets, and WIN-911 Mobile has a totally new codebase for that exact purpose,” said Rivas. “The new app has a small footprint and requires low bandwidth, which is exactly what our users asked for.”
The company’s previous mobile app ‘Mobile-911’ will continue to be available to users of WIN-911’s legacy software platform V7 Pro, but it will no longer be updated.